Unanswered: Database Recovery

Hi,
    I made an UPDATE query without specifying any criteria so I had more than 1500 records have been changed and I cannot undo the UPDATE.
    Is there any way I can recover the data UPDATE from the Transactions Log.
    I did not back up the database lately so what is the appropriate solutions for this?

Any thoughts…
    Khalid Yousef

Yes, many actually.

However, none of them will help in your present situation.

I would, though, suggest that you copy and paste the results window from your update statement and pin them to the wall next to your display screen. It might help avoid any future such issues.
    aka "Paul"
    Non est ei similis.

I just read "100 Things To Do Before You Die". I was surprised that "Yell for help!!" wasn't one of them

Provided Answers: 1
    Have you EVER done a backup on this database?
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

First you will need a DeLorean and a "flux capacitor" and some plutonium ...

-- This is all just a Figment of my Imagination --

Provided Answers: 10
    And hope for lightening at 88mph!

Tom, that actually made me laugh out loud (and then have to explain myself)!
    George
    Home | Blog

Provided Answers: 6
    old joke...

RESTORE DATABASE MyDatabase FROM Wormhole WITH String_Theory. I wish I had the link to the thread where the OP inquired about that syntax.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Khalid made his post from Libya. Do you think he would know the reference made to "Back to the Future"? Good luck Khalid! Back-ups are your best friend!

Provided Answers: 6
    Quote Originally Posted by DIANEH1
    Khalid made his post from Libya. Do you think he would know the reference made to "Back to the Future"? Good luck Khalid! Back-ups are your best friend!
    maybe. hollywood is one of the last things this country exports. it's OK to have a little fun with the OPs.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Quote Originally Posted by DIANEH1
    Libyans were featured prominently in that movie, if I recall correctly!

-- This is all just a Figment of my Imagination --

Never used it but Lumigent Log reader often gets mentioned when this sort of question is asked.

You are broadly pretty stuffed, as you probably gathered from the responses. Probably your most valuable lesson from all this is backup, backup, backup.

Quote Originally Posted by tomh53
    Libyans were featured prominently in that movie, if I recall correctly!
    heh,heh,heh...good catch, Tom!
    aka "Paul"
    Non est ei similis.

I just read "100 Things To Do Before You Die". I was surprised that "Yell for help!!" wasn't one of them