Unanswered: How to search SQL for table updates

I have a backup application that uses SQL as the backend (both 2000 and 2005) The backup application performs a specific function that enters data into the Database but does not have any reporting. I am looking for a way to query the DB directly to see if there is any info I can grab. But the problem is I don't know where its stored. So my questions) are:

Is there anyway to tell what tables get updated by a certain process. For example if I run this one action how could I then tell what tables were effected or even what data was changed. I tried looking for a logging function that would list this but did not find it. I also tried looking for some type of real time monitor. I even tried looking for a way to search for records / tables that had been recently updated.

I am new to SQL so not sure I am using the correct terms but any help would be appreciated. Also this is SQL2000 and a test server

Thanks in advance for your time

Provided Answers: 54
    Welcome to the world of SQL Profiler, and to DBForums as well. SQL Profiler hasn't changed much from the user perspective since SQL 2000, so the web link above ought to do nicely, but if it doesn't you can check SQL Books Online on your server and that should exactly match what is on your server.

-PatP