Following Access (2003) help on preventing duplicate table entries, I made a multi-field index and set its unique property to "yes". On a small database that I use for testing, this works great. However, on the "real" database I am getting duplicate entries. In both cases the index fields are text. In fact the only fundamental difference is that the "real" database index has 7 fields, while the test database index has only 2.
I have checked and rechecked to make sure that the indices were set up in the same way. I cannot figure out why I am getting the duplicate entries. I am considering remaking the offending table from scratch. I know this is a desperation move, but I can't think of anything else.