Unanswered: Analysis Services

I have been looking at Microsoft Business Intelligence tools. SQL Server 2005. I see great potential with Analysis server, and creating data cubes for reporting. This will offload much processing from my transactional servers.

I just haven't been able to identify the process for automatically updating my cubes over night. The documentation leaves me baffled.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by rando972
    I have been looking at Microsoft Business Intelligence tools. SQL Server 2005. I see great potential with Analysis server, and creating data cubes for reporting. This will offload much processing from my transactional servers.

I just haven't been able to identify the process for automatically updating my cubes over night. The documentation leaves me baffled.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
    It's all there, somewhere, in the vast reaches of MSDN.

There's a walkthrough... it looks like instead of having a user interface, you get to write your jobs in a crappy XML query language.

Thanks,

This was among the locations that I had visited. But there isn't even a single example that I have found that shows how it is done. Quite odd.