Unanswered: Viewing Pictures on Form in 2007

Hello I have been battling with this ever since we got Office 2003. I have a form that use to display the employees pictures, you go to the record in the database and you can see the data pertaining to the employee, and you can also see the employees picture but now you cant. All you see is the Icon but not the actual picture. Can anyone help please

Provided Answers: 10
    Don't store images in the database; store the file path to the image instead.
    George
    Home | Blog

ok, How exactly would I do that??

Provided Answers: 10
    Store the image path next to the employee, e.g.
    C:\Documents and Settings\georgev\My Pictures\Employees\georgev.jpg
    Then using an image object you candynamicaly chagethe Picture property to the path ofthe file!

Obviously, in a multi user situation you wan to create a network share for these images to sit in and store he UNC filepath
    e.g.
    \\myServer\EmployeePictures$\george.jpg
    Make some sense?
    George
    Home | Blog

Quote Originally Posted by georgev

Then using an image object you candynamicaly chagethe Picture property to the path ofthe file!

Obviously, in a multi user situation you wan to create a network share for these images to sit in and store he UNC filepath
    e.g.

Make some sense?

sorry, asked a stupid question, though maybe there was something I had to do in the Event tab of the form properties, some Vb code or soemthing

Quote Originally Posted by georgev

e.g.

Make some sense?

I have found the answer to my problem and I am not the only one who has been having this same issue.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...2508&Product=a

OLE for images still seems to be crap!

I gave up with Access 97 and use a paid of ActiveX control called dbpix. Admittedly, we handle 16,000 images so it was worth the small investment.

Simon