Thread: ODBC with 2005

Unanswered: ODBC with 2005

I'm having trouble with odbc_fetch_array from my SQL Server 2005 db. I read about someone else having a similar problem and he followed up saying he downloaded new ODBC drivers. Well, I'm clueless where I can get these from (I did write him as well). Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Found what I was looking for here.

Unfortunately it hasn't cured my problems. The data from 2005 goes into odbc_fetch_array differently. Some datatype somewhere must be the cause, I'll have to play around some.

Ok, assuming it's more appropriate for me to follow-up in here than make another post, I found something interesting.

I currently use SQL_CURSOR_FORWARD_ONLY in my connection string. It worked solidly with 2000.

Now it's working well with 2005, except for a few places and I can't figure out why (based on fields or joins).

If I use SQL_CUR_USE_ODBC I get all my data. Only one problem: it's painfully slow in comparison. I don't know why based on other user comments on the web that things sped up for them when they used it, but for me, it's very slow.

So I have a temporary solution to set up a second connection string and use it only when I need to.

However, that just seems like a band-aid, and I don't have any further understanding as to why this is happening, I simply found a way to make it work. I'd like to try and get the why part, so I can build this better.