Unanswered: SQL3011C There is not enough storage to process the command.

Hi

I am getting following error during db2 load.

SQL3011C There is not enough storage to process the command.

We tried to increase the utility heap, and current utility heapsize is 15000. Also it seems it is known issue on AIX and DB2 V8.1 and as per suggestions (http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.c...1132049&page=7) removed
    the STATISTICS YES from load script, it worked y'day but again got same issue today. It is random behaviour..

Any idea and suggestions why it is happening and resolution.

We have enough memory on the server. Here are the details:

Memory: 30 GB
    total CPU: 12
    DB2 ESE 8.2

NUM_DBPARTITIONS INST_PTR_SIZE RELEASE_NUM SERVICE_LEVEL BLD_LEVEL PTF FIXPACK_NUM
    1 64 03030106 DB2 v8.1.1.89 OD_14086
    U800789_14086 9

Log buffer size (4KB) (LOGBUFSZ) = 4096
    Utilities heap size (4KB) (UTIL_HEAP_SZ) = 15000

DB2 Load script:

load client from "path/PROD_xxx_Daily.del" of del modified by coldel| dumpfile="/tmp/a.dmp" dateformat="YYYYMMDD" timeformat="HHMM" USEDEFAULTS saveco
    unt 2500 messages "path/mesgxxx.db2load" replace into schema.table1(col1, col2, ........) FOR EXCEPTION schema.table1_EXCP NONRECOVERABLE indexing mode rebuild;

Initially I had

..... STATISTICS YES WITH DISTRIBUTION AND DETAILED INDEXES ALL
    indexing mode rebuild; but removed "STATISTICS YES WITH DISTRIBUTION AND DETAILED INDEXES ALL
    "

Thanks

I don't know if this is your problem, but your LOGBUFSZ is too large. The largest needed is usually 512 unless you have very large LOBs that are logged. Most databases should use 128-256.

LOGBUFSZ memory comes out of DBHEAP, so make sure that your DBHEAP = 1200 + LOGBUFSZ at a minimum.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Thanks a lot for reply..

our database is using blob/clob objects..

The dbheap is set to 10000.

Thanks

if u r loading clob/blob objects, then I think u need to increase the utility heap size and then try.

No I am not using BLOB/CLOB..

I'm notspecifying DATA BUFFER ... SORT BUFFER ... in load script.. Will that cause any issue?

I mean, even though database has BLOB/CLOB, the load script does not have any blob/clob.. It is flat denormalized table with approx 130 fields..

is it possible that some other utility is simultaneoulsy going on with the load like some backup,restore or runstats on the instance. have u used dbmtrk while loading.