Convert from Jpeg to BMP

Anyone know of a converter, I need to convert over 2000 Jpegs to BMP appartently that is a way I can fix a viewing problem we are having with our database.

wonder if google would help?

mind you microsoft photo editor does that, Fireworks and others

photo editor

we use to have photo editor but ever since the upgrade to 2003 we no longer have it, and I have fireworks 4.0, dont know much about it though

Ok, this smacks of insanity to me!

First and foremost, what problem are you having displaying the JPG files? I'm betting that there has to be a solution other than converting them all to BMP files.

As a closely related issue, converting from JPG to BMP will increase your file size more than ten times, possibly more than a hundred times. This means more disk space, and more importantly lots more network traffic. This has the potential to ruin your network performance.

I'd look long and hard for another solution before I bit into this one!

-PatP

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Phelan
    Ok, this smacks of insanity to me!

First and foremost, what problem are you having displaying the JPG files? I'm betting that there has to be a solution other than converting them all to BMP files.

As a closely related issue, converting from JPG to BMP will increase your file size more than ten times, possibly more than a hundred times. This means more disk space, and more importantly lots more network traffic. This has the potential to ruin your network performance.

I'd look long and hard for another solution before I bit into this one!

-PatP
    Found another solution, going to have to download Microsoft Photo Editor off of Office 2000 or XP and that will take care of the problem. I have found the soloutions on Microsofts Discussion group, and Knowledge base. Also saw it on google. Calm down Pat not going to convert, would rather not I just found out theres a total of 8450 Jpeg Pics so thats out of the question. Sorry mistake
    Last edited by desireemm; 01-25-08 at 16:12.