Unanswered: Problem with logging into SQL Server via LAN

Hi Guys;

I have written a software which tries to connect a sql server in LAN. Here is the connection string:

Data Source= 192.168.2.2,1433; Initial Catalog='mastercoiffeur';Network Library=DBMSSOCN;User Id=MBCA;Password='123456'

I can't figure out why I cant connect to the server? What do you recommend to me to do?

Thanks for help...

Extra Information:
    I have created a login called "MBCA" and password is "123456". Server works as windows authentication and SQL server.

Provided Answers: 6
    please tell me you did not just put real security info up on this website chalk full of people with computer skills.

you have a port specified after your IP address. You only need to do that if the default port has been changed. Is that the right port. Why are you using the IP anyways? Try the SQl Server name.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Of course not These infos (password, db name, user id) are wrong

And isnt 1433 default one? And I checked it and found out that TCP/IP protocol was disabled for server and I enabled it. (I dont know why it was disabled because sql server is enabled for authentication as "SQL Server".)

Normally ip and port is being written in this format:
    ***.***.***.***:****
    In the connection string I have used "," instead of ":".
    But this connection string has been taken from: http://www.connectionstrings.com/?carrier=sqlserver2005

Is this correct?

Provided Answers: 6
    if you are using the default with the server name I am pretty sure you can leave 1433 off.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

usually user of my software may need to write port. I think it is not the problem.

I can login with user MBCA from the same pc but cant from another pc on the same network?

I am a newbie on this topic (authentication security etc..) I think I didnt do something necessary. What kind of settings shall I check?
    Last edited by Genom; 01-25-08 at 16:25.

Error is this:

TITLE: Connect to Server
    ------------------------------

Cannot connect to 192.168.2.2,1433.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - Bağlanılan uygun olarak belli bir süre içinde yanıt vermediğinden veya kurulan bağlantı bağlanılan ana makine yanıt vermediğinden bir bağlantı kurulamadı.) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 10060)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdN...0&LinkId=20476

BUTTONS:

OK

is this express or developer edition?

if so, on the SQL server, go to the Surface Area Config (in the start menu) and click "Surface Area Config for Services and Connections." Then under the particular instance->Database Engine, highlight Remote connections and look on the right. Make sure "Local and Remote" connections are selected.

would it be a problem if it was ms sql sever express edition?
    because i'm in the same situation using the express edition...