Unanswered: MySQL Optimization / Configuration

Hi,

I have 2 machines each with an instance of MySQL 5.0.45 for Windows.
    The machines are :
    1. Desktop AMD Athlon XP 1800+, 1024 Gb DDRAM, HDD Seageate SATA II 7200 rpm *mb buffer
    2. Laptop Dell Insprion 6400 Intel Core 2 Duo , 1024 DDRAM 667, HDD 120 Gb 5400 rpm.

Both have installed Windows Xp SP2 + Avast Home v 4.7 Antivirus.

Both MySQL instances have a copy of the same database ( same tables, number of rows, indexes etc ) and are configured identicaly ( they have the same my.ini file ).

The problem comes when i run a stored procedure that does some calculations on the database.
    On system 1 it runs in 11 seconds, but in system 2 it runs in 3 minutes and 40 seconds.

What can i do ? What should i look at ? ( I am a developer not a dba, all the configurations to MySQL have been done from the wizard like installer.)

Thanks,
    Razvan

Are the indexes the same on both databases?
    Which machine runs slower? What background processes is the slower machine running?

Scrap that first part of the question I missed the bit about the same indexes... Do:
    DESCRIBE <select statement here>

On both machines and see if they're doing the same process to get the results. If you find there are differences your indexes may not be the same.