Unanswered: Changing compability mode from 2000 to 2005

Hi

I have a question about change of compability.
    I want to change compability level from 2000 to 2005 on a very large database with a lot of indexes. I have heard that if I change compability level the indexes will no longer be usable.
    Is it enough to just rebuild all indexed after I have changed compability level or do I have to do something else?

Quote Originally Posted by steohl
    I want to change compability level from 2000 to 2005 on a very large database with a lot of indexes. I have heard that if I change compability level the indexes will no longer be usable.
    That is total nonsense so don't worry about that

I am fairly sure that the change of compatibility level doesn't change anything much on that front - it was the upgrade to the 2005 server and the respective database engine and system tables that was the Big Change. When upgrading you should run updateusage and also update all statistics so if you have not done this yet then run these after you change the compatibility level.

There are a couple of good resources out there of checklists for when you upgrade. Give me a shout if you get stuck finding them (one of them I think is on SQLTeam, maybe in the forum FAQ).

HTH

Quote Originally Posted by pootle flump
    That is total nonsense so don't worry about that

I am fairly sure that the change of compatibility level doesn't change anything much on that front - it was the upgrade to the 2005 server and the respective database engine and system tables that was the Big Change. When upgrading you should run updateusage and also update all statistics so if you have not done this yet then run these after you change the compatibility level.

There are a couple of good resources out there of checklists for when you upgrade. Give me a shout if you get stuck finding them (one of them I think is on SQLTeam, maybe in the forum FAQ).

HTH

Ok, thanks for the answer! If you have any links to the checklist it would be great.