Provided Answers: 5

Unanswered: ActiveX Command Button

Hey guys. I am using Access 97 in a client appication (No comments)

They want to use active x command buttons so as to add the caption and the immage on a a form load.

I tried using the forms 2.0 commandbutton active x

It allows me to set captions, word wrap, image location - but NO IMage

if I try to edit the control (propertires) like the date picker or calendar control allows for in depth enhancements - I get an OLE Server error prompting me to reinstall the OLE server.

I tried to re-register the comctl32.ocx and it registered but got load point errors on registering the dll

Any ideas on where I can get an activex control commandbutton that allows me to set the caption and image on the load of a form?

Thanks Guys
    Dale Houston, TX

Provided Answers: 10
    I'm confused; you're using a button to apply changes on form load?
    I've got the wrong end of the stick haven't I? Can you try to clarify?
    George
    Home | Blog

In VB you can use command buttons (activex controls) when the form loads you can specify what text (caption ) is on the button - you can also specify what image you want on the button.

I just found out the Microsoft Forms 2.0 commandbvutton activex is not fully supported by Access as it is with other office applications. There fore I cannot add images to that control. The standard Access command button will only allow text / or image - so I need an activex control that works with access and allows changing of the properties for both text and image "on the fly" so to speak
    Dale Houston, TX

have you thought about just using an image object with a click event?
    George
    Home | Blog

yes - but here is the scenario

it is a restaurant

buttons represent the food Item

if the client wants a certain bmp to represent say cheesecake I want to give the pictorial representation of the item and also include the item name on the button
    Dale Houston, TX

that's how it is sometimes with clients i guess.
    i imagine pictures of goan vindaloo, hungarian goulash, and irish stew: with a 64X64 pixel image they look pretty much the same.

george's clickable image will do it without pain (well, without more than the pain of the .DIB size), and without the relatively fragile dependence on .OCX

izy

sorry dear customer - it's not really what you wanted, but it looks pretty similar as an icon.
    currently using SS 2008R2

Store the image path in the database along with your caption, then use unbound loveliness to poulate tboth your image controls picture property and your labels caption value.

Job's a good'un!

And heck, I'm sure you could even prety up the image control to have anicsunken border to make it more "butony"
    George
    Home | Blog