Unanswered: UDF unable to load Java class. What do I need to do to make this work?

Hello all,
    Continuing my UDF adventure started two days ago, I have managed to get the UDF registered but having problem

getting the Java code to work. I need assistance to get this Double Metaphone Java UDF to work pretty quickly.

Here is what I tried to run and the error message that resulted:
    SQL
    select nm_frst, NM_LST, DB2ADMIN.DMPHONEJAVASCALAR(NM_LST)
    from FSNST201.BR_DOH_BIRTH_RECORD
    WHERE NM_FRST = 'SKYLER';

SQL4304N Java stored procedure or user-defined function "DB2ADMIN.DMPHONEJAVASCALAR", specific name

"DMPHONEJAVASCALAR" could not load Java class "/home/db2inst1/sqllib/fun", reason code "". SQLSTATE=42724

SQL4304N Java stored procedure or user-defined function "DB2ADMIN.DMPHONEJAVASCALAR", specific name

"DMPHONEJAVASCALAR" could not load Java class "/home/db2inst1/sqllib/fun", reason code "".

Explanation:
    The Java class given by the EXTERNAL NAME clause of a CREATE PROCEDURE or CREATE FUNCTION statement could not

be loaded. The reason codes are:

1 The class was not found on the CLASSPATH.

2 The class did not implement the required interface ("COM.ibm.db2.app.StoredProc" or "COM.ibm.db2.app.UDF")

or lacked the Java "public" access flag.

3 The default constructor failed or was unavailable.

4 Could not load driver for "jdbc:default:connection".

5 Could not establish default context.

User Response:

Ensure that the compiled ".class" file is installed in the CLASSPATH, for example under "sqllib/function".

Ensure it implements the required Java interfaces and is "public".
    sqlcode : -4304
    sqlstate : 42724
    SQLCODE: -4304

I will appreciate it if someone can guide me to determine if at all I am properly set up to invoke a javaUDF,

what do I need to look for, and how I can go about setting up my environment and the UDF to execute

successfully.
    I fyou any question that you need answered please do not hesitate to ask as I will be monitoring this forum

for the best part of this evening.

Thanks

I didn't read your full post (sorry), but you may want to have a look at this article: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/db...le/dm-0510law/
    Knut Stolze
    IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator
    IBM Germany Research & Development

Thank you again Knut...the article looks promising. Let me do some reading hopefully I will learn something to solve my problem