Question Which Printer(s) do you recommend?

I've been having an interesting couple of months. First my PC was doing it's level best to get itself pitched into the trash heap. Now that it's finally behaving itself (not crashing when I try to boot it anymore), my Printer has bit the biscuit. The printer that is currently not working is an hp psc 1210 all-in-one, it would allow me to scan a document straight to printing, print in colour and also print from my PC.

So folks, which printer do you recommend as being the best value for a buck (I would like to keep the colour and scanning options if at all possible).
    When it rains, it pours.

What's the cost of replacement ink on the HP C4280, LogicWeb?
    When it rains, it pours.

I personally have a HP Photosmart D7360

I love this thing!

Ive seen it around $150-180 depending on who has it and if its on sale. I got mine from Best Buy for $180.

The selling point for me is that it does photo prints extremly fast. It can do 4x6 in about 5-7 seconds and full 8.5x11 in less than 30 seconds. Ink replacement is $30 for all ink cartridges and it includes 200 4x6's.

Ink lasts well beyond 200 4x6's and more. Ive recommended this print to family and they also love it.

as a "Heads Up." Lexmark printers are very cheap, but, their ink cartridges are VERY expensive. (per page)
    Last edited by loquin; 03-03-08 at 14:49.
    Lou
    使大吃一惊
    "Lisa, in this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!" - Homer Simpson
    "I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them!" - Bette Middler
    "It's a book about a Spanish guy named Manual. You should read it." - Dilbert

I hope all you HP advocates are correct. I bought one (HP deskjet) yesterday for my daughter who is leaving for college next week. Nice looking, compact, scanner and copier capability - $69, extra cartridges were $31.99 for long lasting black (estimates of 1000 pages) and $19.99 for color (not long lasting, estimates of 250 pages). But of course, no USB cable included, so that was another $33.99...Anyway, from a value perspective, it looked the best and was a good recommendation here (the brand, not necessarily the model). Thanks for the advice!

But of course, no USB cable included, so that was another $33.99
    OMG. I hope that's a typo.

--

I like the HP printers, ink is relatively better priced too.

I prefer HP all in one printer. Very reliable and convenient to use.
    Affordable printer catridge too.

I think it is best to find out which is the cheapest ink. Then, you can decide which brand and model to buy.

spam link removed - pf
    Last edited by pootle flump; 09-15-08 at 06:29.

Thanks pootle. Amazing how many spam-signatures I've come across today! Seems to be an epidemic lately.....Anyway, I bought an all-in-one HP for my daughter (she went away to college a month ago :-( ). Setup was simple, ink was "relatively" inexpensive and she's good to go. Determine your needs, do a little research and go for it. Just don't watch sales-papers for while. Someone will have it on sale right after you buy it!!!

i got an epson scanner/copier/printer at the beginning of the year for around $69 + tax and it's worked great ever since buying it... if you're not looking for something professional, one of those are fine... i also have 2 older HP scanner/copier/printers and they are both good except one of them doesn't suck the paper in like it's supposed to... i have to manually feed it in unfortunately

Hello

I recommend for HP they are good and easy to use and very convenient too,,,

Quote Originally Posted by haileyjonathan
    I recommend for HP they are good and easy to use and very convenient too,,,
    I can fully agree with you. HP is the printer i have ever had.

The one thing you must realise with Printers is that many manufacturers put their printers out as lost leaders i.e. they hope you will buy their cartridges or ink. I know one printer that costs £600 (less any upgrade offers), the print head alone costs £1000 to replace. So just remember every time you print you are paying for your printer.

Simon