Unanswered: #Deleted when a record is changed

First of all, let me apoligize if this is a stupid question, but just a few days ago I decided to change my FE/BE database from Ms Access to SQL Server Express. Now I have a FE in ACC2002 and a BE in SQL SERVER (the two connected via ODBC). Anyway, this is my question:

When everything was in Access I had a form retreiving a series of records based on a filter - for understanding purpose let's say that a field must have been 'Not Null'. The operator then filled that field with data. With Access everything was static, and the operator could see all the records, the ones already changed and the ones not changed. With SQL now: everytime the operator fills in the field, the record changes to #Deleted. I assume that that is happening because the query - someway - is "alive" and is "filtering data alive"... or is updating records instantly. Just to make things more clear: is the record changed immediately so it is not considered part of the filtered data by the query, thus being change to #Deleted? What could I do to prevent this?

Thanks a lot for your help.
    Marco
    ---Do not send e-mail---
    "New Big Bang Theory: God said unzip universe"

Stop using Access?

You need to be more specific about the chain of events

Where in Italy?
    Brett
    8-)

It's a Great Day for America everybody!

dbforums Yak CorralRadio 'Rita
    dbForums Member List
    I'm Good Once as I ever was

The physical order of data in a database has no meaning.

Stop using Access? Might be a good idea The point is that the FE is very complex and while I converted other FEs into VB.NET applications, that one is too complex indeed.

Anyway. Thanks for replying. I will try to explain the situation in a better way.

I have the table in SQL server. A query is run in the FE retreiving all records that are not closed (without a close date) from the "Projects" table (this is the filter applied to the table). The operator after retreiving the records, fills in the close date field - through a continuos form. At that point - just after filling the control - the updated record doesn't fall into the original query filter, so the record display #Deleted in every control. I would like to leave the values in the controls visible.

Hope I explained it deeply...

P.S. Italy? Brescia, 90 km from Milano...
    Marco
    ---Do not send e-mail---

I have an update... just to go deeper into the problem. The chain of events explained before was not entirely correct. So:

1) Retreive records from table "Project" with filter: field "Close Date" is null
    2) Display records in continuous form
    3) Operator fills the "Close Date" control
    4) Everything is there... PERFECT!
    5) The operator thinks (stupidly because he is stupid endeed!) that he has made a mistake and closed a project not to be closed
    6) Operator tries to delete what is now in the "Close Date" control
    7) An error comes up: The record was eliminated! and all controls are filled with the terrific #Deleted word
    8) The record is obviously not deleted but just not corresponding to the original query filter anymore (now the project is endeed closed).

Hope I find a solution, because stupidity is just around the corner...
    Marco
    ---Do not send e-mail---