Unanswered: Swap Database to a new server

hi, we have got a new server at work running SBS 2003. the old server was SBS 2000 and it has a database on it. Both are running the SQL server program. Can anyone give me instructions to transfer these over (i have no idea how). i realise this has probably been asked before but i dont have the time to search so if someone could link a thread with instructions that would be good. cheers.

All you need to do is detach your database on the old server, copy the files over, and then attach them on the new server. You may have to recreate some logins on your new server as well. If you need more help, just provide some more details of your specific situation.

well i managed to do it but it wasnt the easiest. i detached it from the old server (which is SQL 2000), that was easy as i used the enterprise manager. moved the files to the new server (which is SQL 2005). looked for the enterprise manager but couldnt find it, so after a quick google i discovered that the new program was call Sql Server Management Studio, but that was not on the server either. so after some more googling, i found that this program does not install properly when you install the sql server, so i had to redo that. then i managed to attach the database. then the workstations would not connect to the server, realised it must be the logins thing you mentioned. so i set that up for the domain. then the Data Sources (ODBC) thing on the computer would connect, however the front end of the database could not find the tables. Had to change some properties in the SSMS to enable reading and writing to the database (previously only public enabled). Now it all works.

So thanks for the pointer in the right direction tprupsis