Unanswered: to get records of quarter

Hi all,

can you please reply me immediately as it is very urgent issue.
    i need to retrieve the records of quarter given the sysdate, but the complication is suppose if i give today's date, it must give nthe records of previous quarter that is from 1st october to 31st december.

can you please give me the solution?

can you please reply me immediately as it is very urgent issue.
    You really MUST avoid statements like this in your posts. There are no urgent posts on a forum. If it is urgent then that is your problem. Your claiming that your question is urgent implies that it is more important than anyone else's. This is not the case. Your question will NOT get answered any quicker by adding 'Urgent' to your post. If anything, people will be more likely to ignore the post. However, since you are new to the forum, I'll be happy to lend some assistance if you are prepared to put in some of your own effort.
    can you please give me the solution?
    Nope, but I will happily, as I said, lend some assistance.

What have you tried so far?
    Here is a hint. Subtract 3 months from the date (you can use add_months) then convert the date into a quarter (to_char can help with that).
    Post what you try (successful or not)

Hi,
    actually what i need is that for suppose, if i give today's date then it should give the records from 1st october to 31st december. I would be more happy if you lend me some assistance if you are prepared to put in some of your efforts

Thakin you in advance
    Preethi

actually what i need is that for suppose, if i give today's date then it should give the records from 1st october to 31st december.
    You have already said this and I have pointed you in the right direction.
    I would be more happy if you lend me some assistance if you are prepared to put in some of your efforts
    Pardon? Are you saying that I need to put in more effort? I don't think so bub. The problem is yours, the effort requirement is yours. I have lent you assistance. I have given you the two functions that you will require along with the basic method that you require. You appear to expect me or someone else to write your code for you. Not going to happen.
    Post what you have attempted. If you have attempted nothing, expect the same effort level from me.

A couple of hints. Use add_months, sysdate, and trunc. Now figure it out.
    Bill
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.