Unanswered: Error reporting customization

Hi all,
    I was wandering if it is possible to customize the error messages in SQL Server 2005. I mean that I want to display some different infomation than those displayed when someone tries to enter a data that doesn't respect a rule in a table (for example a number instead of a string).
    Is it possible?

Thanks million

Provided Answers: 11
    You can add your own messages, and raise them with the RAISERROR command. I believe to add a custom error message, is sp_addmessage. the BOL article for RAISERROR should have a link to it.

Provided Answers: 6
    or you declare a variable in your procs to hold the custom message "Stored Procedure Fred Failed at Step 5 blah blah blah"

check the @@ERROR variable right after the statement, and then you can use a GOTO (yeah that's right) to go to an error handling label and then you can return whatever you want with an OUTPUT variable.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Thanks million to all, very useful!

Gian