Unanswered: DB2 statement operation = SET

Hi All,

There is a connection on my database which is have stmt_operation(most recent operation) as SET in its application snasphot. Its showing UOW waiting but still it doesnt show the UOW completion timestamp and it shows that its idle time is 30 mins.

Application idle time = 13 minutes 59 seconds
    Elapsed time of last completed uow (sec.ms)= 0.000000
    UOW start timestamp = 02/06/2008 11:25:28.708000
    UOW stop timestamp =
    UOW completion status =
    Most recent operation = Set

I dont know what this SET operation means and why is showing its Idle when it UOW time is increasing always.DOes anyone has any idea.

Provided Answers: 5
    My guess is that the application issued a statement like SET CURRENT SCHEMA MySchema and then never issued a commit. UOWs are defined as everything between commits, so until a commit is issued, the UOW is still active.

Andy

but then why its showing its idle for 13 minutes and I couldnt even find the package (the package name i got in snapshot) in the database

Being idle does not have anything to do with the "Most recent operation". It just means that the last SQL statement attempted by the application was a SET <whatever>. After that, the application didn't do anything else with DB2,

Regarding the package name: which name did you get in the snapshot and how did you verify that it's not in the database? We need to know the details in order to be able to answer your questions.

p.s: It would also be good to know which platform and DB2 version you're running.
    Knut Stolze
    IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator
    IBM Germany Research & Development

Hi stolze,
    the application is showing idle but UOW stop timestamp is not there. does that mean its waiting for OS to execute systems command and give result back to DB2. Very frequently I have seen that it shows UOW waiting but the application is not idle and it doesnt have UOW stop timestamp in the snapshot.Its confusing me a lot.

The package was SQLDEFLT. I checked it through control center in the package tab but didnt find it there.

I am working on db2v8.1 fix pak 13 and OS is solaris 10

If you have no UOW stop timestamp, then the application did not set a COMMIT/ROLLBACK request. DB2 cannot know what the application is doing when it is not communicating with DB2. But when nothing goes on between DB2 and the application, the connection is - well - idle. The meaning of the "Application idle time" is explained here: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...c/r0001193.htm

So what exactly is the problem with this snapshot output?
    Knut Stolze
    IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator
    IBM Germany Research & Development