Thread: Subnet Change

Red face Unanswered: Subnet Change

Hi Everyone,

I am a developer of a third Party Application which has an ASA 9.0 as it's back end, In one of my customer application they changed their Subnet.

Now the DB only runs in a single user mode where no other machines can access. How can i fix that?

Afterwards i made the Ip addreses to be assigned By DHCP but now it is all worse-> The result that i have only one machine running and this machine is running extremely slow

Please reply As soon as possible sorry

Have you tried restarting yet?

Don't know about ASA but ASE binds to the IP and port as its configured at startup, if you change network settings ASE doesn't automatically change its bindings. Very possible ASA has the same issue?
    Greetz,

Bastiaan Olij

Exclamation Yes I did restart

Oh yes i have tried restartin but nothing more happened what do you think ? Do i have to uninstall ASA and then re-install it? I am really not in a favour to do so but i would do it if i am sure it will work OK

No I doubt re-installing is needed.

The question is what exactly did change on this network/machine. You mentioned the subnet changed, if the IP of the machine is still the same, it may simply not be reachable at all within that network.
    But I reckon the IP address of the machine has also changed? My guess would then be that ASA is still configured to listen on the old IP address.

Again I'm a little less knowladgable in ASA, but with ASE you specify in the sql.ini file on which connections ASE listens. Normally you would configure this as localhost,5000 and machinename,5000 with the result that at startup it will bind to 10.0.0.127 (local only) and whatever the IP of the machine is at startup.
    But it is also possible the IP address is set there and if the IP of the machine changes, ASE no longer listens correctly and will not accept incoming connections.

Again I am not sure if ASA works similarly or not. I don't use it often enough for that.
    Greetz,

Bastiaan Olij