Unanswered: Local Admin on Report Services

Good grief the tech are telling me that the reason I cant connect to report services is becasue I need to be a Local Admin, I can connec to the database engine but not Report services. Yikes

help??

Trying to connect via IIS or Mgmt Studio?

-- This is all just a Figment of my Imagination --

management studio, I can connect IIS with no problems

Provided Answers: 6
    why not just have your NT account added to the reportserver DB.

Its been a little while but I thought all of the security for reporting services was handled through a little web GUI. I vaguely remember something about a Publisher role or something....

Sorry for the senseless post. I have been too busy to post today and I felt compelled.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Quote Originally Posted by desireemm
    Good grief the tech are telling me that the reason I cant connect to report services is becasue I need to be a Local Admin, I can connec to the database engine but not Report services. Yikes

help??
    Somehow that rings true. My last install was several months ago, and I seem to remember that I had to add myself as a local admin before I could bring up the Reporting Services Server in Mgmt Studio. And it had to be my login even though my domain group was a sysadmin for the box.

-- This is all just a Figment of my Imagination --

oh good grief I dont want to be a local admin there has to be another way

I dont think there is another way, your tech team are correct. If my memory serves me correctly you can do everything you want to do through IIS anyway, so this shouldn't be an issue for you