Unanswered: Regarding Datbase connectivity

Hi everybody

I had a databse connectivity probllm with postgres 8.1.4 from php5.2.3 it is showing
    the errror Call to undefined function pg_connect() in /var/www/new1.php on line 2 . I am using ubuntu 7.1.0 .Please help me in sorting out this problem.

thanks
    suresh

Provided Answers: 59
    has this web server connected to your postgres webserver before?....

if it hasn't then I'd suggest you check the PHP configuration and build to make sure that either the Postgres server is correctly configured or that the PHP installation has the correct Postgres modules attached/built in. runing a script that calls the PHPinfo() function may be a good call to see what PHP thinks its set up to do.. but make sure its left as apart of your live server files as it gives all manner of information that be potentially useful to scum

if other scripts are working then its something specific to that script, and never having used Postgres I can't comment further, beyond checking to make sure that the connection code and logic is as per the manual.

Datbaseconnectivity Problem

Hi everybody

I had a database connectivity problem with postgres 8.1.4 from php5.2.3 it is showing
    the error Call to undefined function pg_connect() in /var/www/new1.php on line 2 in apache2 is my server . I am using ubuntu 7.1.0 .Please help me in sorting out this problem.Please tell me how to solve the problem

Thanks
    suresh

Suresh, healdem has already answered your question, and thus I will reiterate what he said:

You have NOT compiled postgres with your PHP build. Use phpinfo() to verify this, and compile it in to resolve your problem.

Hi
    pl check the phppostgre sql rpm is installed or not,
    check with phpinfo(), if it show postgresql database or not