Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unanswered: 2 Unrelated Questions

DB2 8.1 FP14 - RH Linux

1- I am trying to move TOOLSDB from a linux server with DB2 FP8 on it to a Linux server with DB2 FP14 on it so that I can keep all the scheduled tasks. I am getting various errors after restoring the TOOLSDB to new server.
    I tried to re-install SP14, stop-start db2admin several times but nothing helped.

Is there an easy way to transfer db2 tasks from one server to the other or I have to re-create all the tasks on the new server manually ?

2- I am trying to setup archive-logging for several databases on linux server. On the wizard there is the option of where to leave the "Active log file directory". Its original location is "/home/db2inst1/db2inst1/NODE0000/SQL00003/SQLOGDIR".

Should I change this directory to the same directory as where the archive loging files will reside ?. Would I ever need anything from Active log directory in-case of doing point-in-time restore ?

Also, Is there a way to setup multiple databases to do archive logging at once ? Sorry about this question. My background is SQL server and it is possible to do this.

T.I.A

Provided Answers: 5
    1) What are the errors you are getting?

2) No, you want the archive directory different from the active directory. If they are the same, you are not archiving, just keeping them.

3) Yes. Just make sure that each archive path is different for each database.

Andy

Thanks Andy...........

1- I am getting,
    DBA1177N A database connection tto the Tools Catalog Database "TOOLSDB" cannot be made. SQLCODE"38553" ICM00001N An SQL error occured while connecting to the database. Database="TOOLSDB", Catalog="SYSTOOLS". [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/LINUX]SQL0443N Routine"SYSIBM.SQLTABLES" (specific name "TABLES") has returned an error SQLSTATE with diagnostic text "SYSIBM:CLI:-805". SQLSTATE=38553

This is right after restoring the database. I am thinking that the "Schedular System" in the "Task Center" window need to point to the old server where the TOOLSDB came from or needs to be changed in the database but I don't know where/how ?

2- Thanks.

3- I was asking to do all user databases at the same time but I guess I have to go through the wizard one database at the time................

What were the commands for backup and restore of the TOOLSDB?

Andy

db2 restore db TOOLSDB from /home/db2inst1/ taken at 20080207104448 replace existing

And the command for getting the backup?

Andy

db2 backup db TOOLSDB to /home/db2inst1/backup

Quote Originally Posted by mdx34
    db2 restore db TOOLSDB from /home/db2inst1/ taken at 20080207104448 replace existing
    Change your restore to:

db2 restore db TOOLSDB from /home/db2inst1/ taken at 20080207104448 replace existing without rolling forward

Andy

Now I get,

DBA1177N A database connection to the Tools Catalog Database "TOOLSDB" cannot be made. SQLCODE"08003" ICM0031N An SQL error occured while rolling back changes on the context.
    [IBM][CLI Driver]CLI0106E Connection is closed. SQLSTATE=08003

Do I need to run roll back/forward ?

Quote Originally Posted by mdx34
    Now I get,

DBA1177N A database connection to the Tools Catalog Database "TOOLSDB" cannot be made. SQLCODE"08003" ICM0031N An SQL error occured while rolling back changes on the context.
    [IBM][CLI Driver]CLI0106E Connection is closed. SQLSTATE=08003

Do I need to run roll back/forward ?
    When are you getting this?

Andy

I was getting that in the GUI (When refreshing "Schedular System" drop-down box) because I left it open when I was restoring the database from the command line. I closed the GUI, re-restored the database. Now, when I open the GUI, I am back to the first error message.

I am not sure what is going on. Try this:

1) disconnect everything ("force application all")
    2) stop db2 (db2stop)
    3) stop the admin server (db2admin stop)
    4) restart the admin server (db2admin start)
    5) start db2 (db2start)
    6) issue the restore that I gave you.
    7) use the command line to connect to toolsdb.

Andy

I did all that and had no problem doing them. I never had connection problems from the command line. The problem I have is from the GUI. I am trying to open the task center from the GUI and this is where I get the error. Not from command line.

Keep in mind that I am not trying to restore TOOLSDB from the same server to the same server but from a linux server (SERVER_1) with DB2 FP8 to another linux server (SERVER_2) with DB2 FP14.

Thanks again.

Try this.

After the restore, run db2updv8 on the DB.
    Then also run the BIND command as directed when you apply a FP.

Andy

I always run the updates after a fixpack install (I did already right after FP installation):

./db2iupdt db2inst1
    ./dasupdt

I have not run any binds. Any ideas which ones I should run ?