Unanswered: ibm_db2 php module

Hi all,

I am beginner in PHP but managed to install apache and PHP on my windows XP machine successfully. Now I want to connect it to my DB2 database on my windows XP laptop. I have managed to get some PHP files online but whenever I try to connect to the db2 database through browser I get that ibm_db2 php module not found. I have checked my system with php -m to see install modules and i can see that ibm_db2 module is there but I dont know why is giving problem.

has anyone worked with this configuration. now I dont know what to tweak to make it work.

Thanks all

Output from php -m
    [PHP Modules]
    bcmath
    calendar
    com_dotnet
    ctype
    date
    dom
    filter
    ftp
    hash
    ibm_db2
    iconv
    json
    libxml
    odbc
    pcre
    Reflection
    session
    SimpleXML
    SPL
    standard
    tokenizer
    wddx
    xml
    xmlreader
    xmlwriter
    zlib

[Zend Modules]

My first thought would be to check your paths.

I know windows uses / instead of \ in some cases.

Maybe worth a look.

Provided Answers: 59
    phpinfo() may return the same information as php -m, but Im a bitter warped individual, and PHP is parsed by the PHP module in the webserver so I'd prefer to see what it knows. mind you as soon as Ive got whats needed I'd want to make certain its removed from the server so no scraot gan see whats in it.

AFAIK PHP in apache uses *nix style paths not windows style paths ie use / in place of \

Moduel not found suggests that the relevant pHP library isn't present, or its corrupt or incompatibale. rather than a communication error, a password/connection error or a DB2 error per se.

Id do a google to see if there are any special config tips or tricks. not so long ago there was a problem with a PHP5/MySQL installation which required the downloading and separately configuring MySQL itnerface.

But I still think the first step is to run a PHP script echoing the output of phpinfo(). Thatr should defintively tell you if you PHP installation knows about DB2.