Weatherford TX (Between Fort Worth and Abilene)

Unanswered: MySql Default Server Name and password

I have just installed Mysql 5 that I donloaded from the Mysql Website. When I installed I was not prompted to name my instance or provide any user names or passwords. After installing I want to open it up and start learning how to use the database. When I opened Mysql administrator, I was prompted to enter the Server host along with a user name and password. I tried LocalHost with a user name of Root with a blank password but got an error. I also tried Default but that didn't work either.

Does anyone have any idea what the server host name would be and/or the default name and password would be or how to find this information out?

Thanks GEM

Usernames are case sensitive if MySQL is installed on UNIX/Linux. Therefore you should enter 'root', not 'Root' as username if you're using UNIX/Linux.

If you're using Windows; are you sure you have started the MySQL server?

Weatherford TX (Between Fort Worth and Abilene)
    I assume that MySql is running. I donít have any problem opening MySql workbench. Iíve even created a project with one table and one view. Even when Iím in workbench I havenít been able to find the instance or server name? . Any Idea where I can look in the workbench ui to find it?

If I havenít entered a pass word anywhere, the password should be null shouldnít it?.....Iím using windows VistaÖ..

GEM

hi Gem,

what kind or version of mysql server are you using ?
    so is it with IIS?

most probably ..
    user: root
    pass: (blank) or "root"

root with lowercases

if you just want to learn and code for mysql stuffs
    you try also using the wamp, its windows apache, mysql, and PHP ..
    i have a link for you here , im using this software for debugging purpose before uploading files on live server.

br
    Last edited by frozenice; 02-10-08 at 15:54.