Unanswered: problem creating stored procedure

hi all! i'm running into a little problem.

background:

i'd like to create/use stored procedures for a web application that i'm developing for a client of ours. i'm using the .net environment. i read some pages about how to do this with the .net add-in tools provided by ibm for db2. so i created a project and ran through the wizard as i'm not as familiar with db2 as i am with mssql. however, when i tried to compile the procedure i get the following errors:

could not execute command:sysproc.psm_set_compilemode

and

Error occurred: [IBM][DB2/NT] SQL7032N SQL procedure "ADD_WEB_USER" not created. Diagnostic file is "P0591948.log". SQLSTATE=42904
    : -7032: IBM.Data.DB2: 42904.

it's nothing more then a simple insert statement. i've looked up the second error and found information about doing the following

db2set DB2_SQLROUTINE_COMPILER_PATH="C:\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Common7\Tools\vsvars32.bat"

however, when i run this i get a message saying that it's an invalid parameter.

the only additional info i can provide is the info about the version the client is using. any help would be greatly appreciated.

================================================== ==========
    About DB2 Administration Tools Environment
    DB2 administration tools level:
    Product identifier SQL08014
    Level identifier 02050106
    Level DB2 v8.1.4.341
    Build level s031027
    PTF WR21326
    Java development kit (JDK):
    Level IBM Corporation 1.3.1

Thank you,
    Derek Klingman
    Computer Support Services, Inc.

You should upgrade to the latest fixpack (you can go straight to FP16). There is no charge for this. This will get you to version 8.2+.

Once you do that, and if you are creating an SQL stored procedure (highly recommended) rather than a C or Java SP, then you don't need any C libraries and everything becomes much easier and even performs faster.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

ok thank you so much... another question though. the client is located remotely... obviously they would need to download and install it, but i'm using the following version. i'm assuming that i will be able to create the stored procedures in the .net development environment after they've downloaded and install the fixpak

About DB2 Administration Tools Environment
    DB2 administration tools level:
    Product identifier SQL09010
    Level identifier 02010107
    Level DB2 v9.1.0.356
    Build level s060629
    PTF NT32
    Java development kit (JDK):
    Level IBM Corporation 1.5.0
    Last edited by dklingman; 02-11-08 at 16:02.

I may have misled you. The version that is important (as to whether a C library is needed) is the DB2 Server, not the client. Stored Procedures are compiled and run on the server, not the client. You can use the client to compile a SP on the server, but it resides on the server.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

no you didn't miss lead me. however, i do have a few other questions as our client is asking about what this entails as they have no support and can't afford to lose data or have the server out of commission. is it a straight install? does it or would it affect anything with the current databases?