Unanswered: Create Database Ddl

Hi friends,

db2look does not give the create database statement.I tried control center and even that did not help.Is there a way we can get the create database statement for a database in db2??

"create database" is not DDL, it is a DB2 Command. See the Command Reference manual for details. Most of the settings that you will need to replicate the database can be obtained with the following command on the existing database:

db2 get db cfg
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Thanks..Is there a way to get CREATE DATABASE command for an existing database ?? Suppose i want to move a database from one environment to other with out using backup,restore option i might need the create database command.Is there a way to know that ??

I don't think there is a way, unless the Control Center does it. The database code page and territory code are in the "db2 get db cfg" and everything else will default to a value, but can be changed later.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

thanks for the info..Quest tool does that i believe.Do you know any APIs that we can use to generate DDL or CREATE DATABASE command??