Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    38

    Unanswered: Link lost between table and form

    Hi all

    I have a form that has the record source set to a table named "dogs database". It has always worked until now. I have passed the database to a friend to do her input for her dog show and she wanted some changes made so zipped the db and sent it back to me. When I open the form there are no records to be seen - however all the records (5506 of them) can be seen in the table. I tried attached it so someone could have a look and see why I can't get the form to recognise the record source, but the file won't load . If someone would like to offer their services I'll email it to them.

    Even if I try putting a new field on the form it doesn't work. I'm pulling my hair out at the moment!!!!!! PLEASE HELP if you can.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    4,049
    Brad@cypherbyte.com.au

    I'll take a quick look for ya.

    What Access version is it?
    Owner and Manager of
    CypherBYTE, Microsoft Access Development Specialists.
    Microsoft Access MCP.
    And all around nice guy!


    "Heck it's something understood by accountants ... so it can't be 'that' difficult..." -- Healdem
    "...teach a man to code and he'll be frustrated for life! " -- georgev

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,423
    Provided Answers: 8
    Have you try a compact and repair
    hope this help

    See clear as mud


    StePhan McKillen
    the aim is store once, not store multiple times
    Remember... Optimize 'til you die!
    Progaming environment:
    Access based on my own environment: DAO3.6/A97/A2000/A2003/A2007/A2010
    VB based on my own environment: vb6 sp5
    ASP based on my own environment: 5.6
    VB-NET based on my own environment started 2007
    SQL-2005 based on my own environment started 2008
    MYLE
    YOUR PASSWORD IS JUST LIKE YOUR TOOTHBRUSH DON'T SHARE IT.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    4,049
    File received. What you need to do is turn off "Data Entry".

    In the form's properties, find the Data Entry property and set it to No. Despite it's strange name, the property makes the form only able to do data entry and not view any existing data. Once you set that to No, all your records will be accessible again.

    Cheers

    ST
    Owner and Manager of
    CypherBYTE, Microsoft Access Development Specialists.
    Microsoft Access MCP.
    And all around nice guy!


    "Heck it's something understood by accountants ... so it can't be 'that' difficult..." -- Healdem
    "...teach a man to code and he'll be frustrated for life! " -- georgev

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    38
    Startrekker You are an absolute marvel Here's to you.

    I thought I had checked that field 100 times yesterday. In my other databases doing the same thing I was sure the Data Entry was set the correct way. I must have missed it.

    Thanks so much

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    4,049
    You're welcome

    Happy to help
    Owner and Manager of
    CypherBYTE, Microsoft Access Development Specialists.
    Microsoft Access MCP.
    And all around nice guy!


    "Heck it's something understood by accountants ... so it can't be 'that' difficult..." -- Healdem
    "...teach a man to code and he'll be frustrated for life! " -- georgev

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •