Unhappy Unanswered: Access Password Protected Paradox Tables in PHP?

Hello everyone,

I'am working on a web based application using PHP and Paradox (connects via Microsoft Paradox ODBC v4.00.6200.00).

PHP ODBC functions seem to work fine with tables that are not password protected. I can view, add, edit, and delete records without a problem.

But when I tried add password on my paradox tables, it seems that I can only view records. When I execute INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE statements I receive the following error:

"[Microsoft][ODBC Paradox Driver] Operation must use an updateable query."

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Please help.

Thanks,

Joseph

Do you know how Paradox normally authenticates people using password protected tabes? There must be a method to connect to a paradox table providing a password. If you're not using PHP how would you normally do it?

In Delphi and Borland C++ we use TSession's AddPassword(AnsiString PWORD). I've checked all of the odbc functions available in php, the only way to supply the password is using odbc_connect(DATASOURCE, UNAME, PWORD) but this doesn't seem to work.

In which case I would guess that PHP doesn't support the paradox table passwording that you speak of. Why are you passwording tables anyway? Surely access is already restricted by user privileges...