Unanswered: vbulletin database error !!

WHEN I SEND EMAIL FROM MY OWN FORUM TO MY MEMBERS, I GET ERROR.. I NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM B4... OR I THINK I HAVNT NOTICE IT... CAN U TELL ME WHAT KINDA ERROR IS THIS.. I WILL REALLY APPRICIATE IT..

Database error in vBulletin 3.6.8:

Invalid SQL:

UPDATE session
    SET lastactivity = 1202937816, location = '/board/admincp/email.php?do=dosendmail&do=dosendmail', inforum = 0, inthread = 0, incalendar = 0, badlocation = 0
    WHERE sessionhash = '5948RT498RHEKFRE40949OWF45';

MySQL Error : MySQL server has gone away
    Error Number : 2006
    Date : Wednesday, February 13th 2008 @ 02:25:40 PM
    Script : http://www.demo.com/forum/admincp/em...?do=dosendmail
    Referrer : http://www.demo.com/forum/admincp/email.php?do=start
    IP Address : 38.116.200.10
    Username : demo
    Classname : vb_database

my vb licence is original... everything is original... i have updated my db since it released 3.5.4 vbulletin.. anyone GURU ON DB TRY THIS ISSUE FOR ME

i have posted this message in this forum.. but in differnt section ... i really need the knowledge on this.. y im getting the error message...

what kinda error is "MySQL server has gone away"????

a connectivity error

rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

hi

i have no idea what kinda error is suppose to be mean ???

Provided Answers: 59
    did you google it?
    gone away usually means a time out or the netwrok is trashed, or there are network bottlenecks.

ie the dbserver couldnt' 'be contacted within a reasonable time.

sounds like you have either design issues (doubtful), network issues (possibly), or you have dbserver issues (likely in my view).

this site had serious problems running searches, searches tended to kill the db server. I don't know what was done.. perhaps you may want to approach iNet interactive directly, or the vBulletin forums, or even Jelsoft themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by healdem
    this site had serious problems running searches, searches tended to kill the db server. I don't know what was done.. perhaps you may want to approach iNet interactive directly, or the vBulletin forums, or even Jelsoft themselves.
    he's talking about his own forum, not this one
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

Provided Answers: 59
    appreciate that..

what I was trying to say is that this site had a problem with searches which tended to kill the db server.. it coudl be searches are killing his server.

thats part of the reason why I suggested the OP should contact Jelsoft, or the a vbulletin forum.

Actually this problem has nothing to do with vbulletin. You should contact your hosting company for the problem and ask for a solution. It is an issue on server end.

But if you suspect its searches that puts load on the server, you can temporarily disable them in vb admin cp/options section.

Related to this or not, it is also suggested to use MYSQL fulltext search index rather than vbulletin default search index in your board for better performance. If you are using vbulletin 3.5.x or above, you can change your search index type for your board to MYSQL fulltext indexing. It is faster than vb searching method also save you DB space upto %25.