Unanswered: Paradox 8 install on Windows 2003 Server

Hello,

I am having a problem installing Paradox 8 on Windows 2003 Server Enterprise edition with Service Pack 2.

When I run setup, it makes it part way through and then just exits the setup and does not finish.

Any tips or links to help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Don Hickey

I am not aware of any specific issues, other than the possibility that you're not installing with full administrator rights.. however, it is much preferred to install on each workstation, rather than install on the server.. a bit more work, but much faster performance, less network I/O, etc..

if you can determine the exact or approximate spot where it fails, based on what actually gets installed, it might provide an important clue..

also, you'll get a lot more help on the community newsgroup, which you can find on my Links page.. most of the long-standing Paradox development community hangs out there, not here..
    --
    Steven Green - Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

http://www.OasisTradingPost.com

Oasis Trading Post
    - Collectibles and Memorabilia
    - Vintage Lego Sets and Supplies
    - and Paradox Support, too

Thanks for the help...

I actually just got it to install. Instead of running setup through the autorun feature on the CD, I ran the setup in the folder that contained the setup for Paradox. This time the installation finished and I was able to launch Paradox just fine.

Thanks

Don Hickey