decrypt database in a CD with Nimbus Romware Retrieval engine

Hi everybody.
    I'm brand-new to IT forums. so please bear with me and refrein from using a lot of IT abbreviations and acronyms. in addition to that, i'm a finance guy and not IT (wish i realized this passion before it was too late to shift gears)
    Here is my problem: I bought a CD which contains some statistical data (about animals) used to build statistical models. the CD come with a retrieval software (i believe it's called Romware from Nimbus) which allows to chose an entry from scrolling list and to display it. the database folder contains 6 files with different extensions EDC, EDI, EDP, EDS, EDT and EDX
    the largest is EDT. EDX contains some plain text while EDT contains gibberish.
    I'm interested in retrieving all the database. but the software allows only printing or copying one single entry at a time.
    do you see any way to get to the raw data in the database and dump it into some database format?
    i would appreciate any help

perplexed (r)

retrieve data from a Nimbus Romware CD

Hi everybody.
    I'm brand-new to IT forums. so please bear with me and refrein from using a lot of IT abbreviations and acronyms. in addition to that, i'm a finance guy and not IT (wish i realized this passion before it was too late to shift gears)
    Here is my problem: I bought a CD which contains some statistical data (about animals) used to build statistical models. the CD come with a retrieval software (i believe it's called Romware from Nimbus) which allows to chose an entry from scrolling list and to display it. the database folder contains 6 files with different extensions EDC, EDI, EDP, EDS, EDT and EDX
    the largest is EDT. EDX contains some plain text while EDT contains gibberish.
    I'm interested in retrieving all the database. but the software allows only printing or copying one single entry at a time.
    do you see any way to get to the raw data in the database and dump it into some database format?
    i would appreciate any help

perplexed (r)