Talking Unanswered: what are the different options mean with startup

eg
    STARTUP MOUNT EXCLUSIVE
    STARTUP MOUNT restrict

What do they mean....

n what's difference btw STARTUP MOUNT EXCLUSIVE and STARTUP OPEN sales PFILE=initsale.ora EXCLUSIVE

i mean does use of exclusive with mount and open are different thing or the same thing at different stages....

Thanks

Have you read the documentation?

Yes sir i have read that... but there is no mention of startup mount exclusive mode in this documentation.... i guess it permits only a single instance to access a particular database..

my doubt is
    difference btw STARTUP MOUNT EXCLUSIVE and STARTUP OPEN sales PFILE=initsale.ora EXCLUSIVE
    what is the difference in both at one time exclusive is used with mount and in other it is being used with open....
    can u throw some light????

Exclusive is deprecated I believe
    Have a look here

The difference is that one is mounting the db the other is opening it. What is the difference between the two states i.e. Mount and Open (You should be able to go over the documentation (th one from the first link) and tell me this)

P.s. No need to call me sir, only my wife has to do that

Talking

yes i know the difference.....

i came across this open exclusive while searching something else... that's why i asked (not before searching on google and all the docs that i have) you..

you r right that the use of exclusive is deprecated , probably that's the reason i could'n clear my doubt....

Quote Originally Posted by pablolee
    P.s. No need to call me sir, only my wife has to do that
    ha ha
    ok next time i'll keep in mind

Happy studying. See ya soon

A quick hint Ankurk, when you are posting these kind of questions, it can be really useful to provide context. e.g. if I was asking the same question I would say something like
    I came across this (your bit of code here) when reading through this (url/document here) I can't find any more info .. blah blah. It helps others understand more where you are coming from.