Angry Unanswered: Help!! Memory error when trying to open VBA modules

All of a sudden yesterday, my database started giving the attached error every time I try to open a VBA module or press Ctrl+G to open the debugger. No matter how many times I try repairing/compacting or backing up the db, it keeps happening. I don't know what caused it since I haven't written any new modules or created any new forms for at least a week.

The instruction at '0x0fd6baa8' referenced memory at '0x4bd0002d'. The memory could not be 'read'.

'MSACCESS.EXE': Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VBA\VBA6\VBE6.DLL', Cannot find or open a required DBG file.
    'MSACCESS.EXE': Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VBA\VBA6\1033\VBE6INTL.DLL', Cannot find or open a required DBG file.
    'MSACCESS.EXE': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\msjtes40.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MSACCESS.EXE': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\apphelp.dll', No symbols loaded.
    The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x8f4) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
    Unhandled exception at 0x0f5cbaa8 in MSACCESS.EXE: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x4bd0002d.
    First-chance exception at 0x0f5cbaa8 in MSACCESS.EXE: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x4bd0002d.

Provided Answers: 59
    could be a hardware fault.. may be worth while running a memory test.
    could be a software fault.. possibly a virus or other TSR type program
    could be a versioning issue.. mebbe a rogue DLL is now active
    could be a file corruption, mebbe a file has been partially overwritten
    I'd want to check that the files actually do exist in the specified location.

Id want to know what has changed between it last worked and when it first stopped working.
    Id want to know if anyone has updated the system files or config int the mean time. If you are on a corporate network its entirely possible that someone may have decided to update the system software without your knowledge

If the hardware checks out OK
    If there are no viruses, then I'd want to consider a re-install of software

HTH

You might also want to try to import all the objects into a new database. Is it the same error every time? Do other applications have any problems?

I was going to suggest removing all references that are not necessary to open the database, but if you can't edit a module then that won't help. But can you open a module in another Access database?

Quote Originally Posted by jrn0074
    All of a sudden yesterday, my database started giving the attached error every time I try to open a VBA module or press Ctrl+G to open the debugger. No matter how many times I try repairing/compacting or backing up the db, it keeps happening. I don't know what caused it since I haven't written any new modules or created any new forms for at least a week.

The instruction at '0x0fd6baa8' referenced memory at '0x4bd0002d'. The memory could not be 'read'.

'MSACCESS.EXE': Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VBA\VBA6\VBE6.DLL', Cannot find or open a required DBG file.
    'MSACCESS.EXE': Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VBA\VBA6\1033\VBE6INTL.DLL', Cannot find or open a required DBG file.
    'MSACCESS.EXE': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\msjtes40.dll', No symbols loaded.
    'MSACCESS.EXE': Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\apphelp.dll', No symbols loaded.
    The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x8f4) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
    Unhandled exception at 0x0f5cbaa8 in MSACCESS.EXE: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x4bd0002d.
    First-chance exception at 0x0f5cbaa8 in MSACCESS.EXE: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x4bd0002d.
    Have a look at this link, maybe a decompile might do the trick...

http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/decompile.htm

HTH

Chris