Unanswered: Use php in javascript

Hi,

I know it's not smart to use php and javascript together, but i need it. So I would like to know if this is possible.

I have a php code to get my records from my database. And then I have a Javascript to make a tree structure (like windows). I need to be able to use my php variables in my javascript so that my tree structure can ben dynamic.

Is this possible and does somebody know how to do this?
    Tanks in advance

Berkowitz

Provided Answers: 59
    dunno where you got this idea from
    I know it's not smart to use php and javascript together, but i need it. So I would like to know if this is possible.
    There is no problem in using Javascript and PHP, PHP can provide the server side scripting, Javascript can provide a better user interaction. It goes by numerous names, but it can be used in Web2 or AJAX.
    you cannot run any PHP variable at the client.. by defintion the server renders the PHP script and transmits it to the client. In a web app that means the output is usually HTML (fragments or whole pages).

Hwoever you can output the values jn the PHP script in Javascript.

I'd suggest do some googling on AJAX and Web 2 in the php environemnt

Hpowever I would say debugging an AJAX / web 2 app can be a real pain unless you have the right tools

Quote Originally Posted by Berkowitz
    Hi,

I have a php code to get my records from my database. And then I have a Javascript to make a tree structure (like windows). I need to be able to use my php variables in my javascript so that my tree structure can ben dynamic.

Is this possible and does somebody know how to do this?
    Tanks in advance

Berkowitz
    Yes, you can use your php variables in javascript. Of course, you j ust have to enclose it in php tags:
    Code:
    <?=$yourvariable?>
    Website Hacks
    Programming/computer help

it all boils down to what you wanna archive