Lightbulb Unanswered: how to create database in oracle

i have just started learning oracle. i have used MySQL. so i have a little idea about SQL syntax . in MySQL i have to create a new database and select that database in order to create table and data entry.now after installing oracle i found myself guessing on "how to create a database" . actually i dont even know is there any necessary to create database or not . so hope there are guys who can clarify this topic. and if you know any conceptual article/ documentation on how to work on oracle or how oracle works plz let me know.

thanks in advance and sorry for my English. i am not good in English.
    take care and bye.

Provided Answers: 4
    Which Oracle version do you use? As a newbie, you might want to install Oracle 10g Express Edition. Installation process is simple and, once it is finished, you'll have an up and running Oracle database ready for your queries.

Documentation, as well as download section can be found on the Oracle Technology Network pages. Documentation contains "Most popular" section so - perhaps you'd want to read it first (to get familiar with Oracle database concepts, SQL commands etc.).

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Littlefoot
    Which Oracle version do you use? As a newbie, you might want to install Oracle 10g Express Edition. Installation process is simple and, once it is finished, you'll have an up and running Oracle database ready for your queries.

Documentation, as well as download section can be found on the Oracle Technology Network pages. Documentation contains "Most popular" section so - perhaps you'd want to read it first (to get familiar with Oracle database concepts, SQL commands etc.).
    ok. i have installed "Oracle - DevSuiteHome" + "Oracle Database 10g Express Edition" + "Oracle Developer Suite - DevSuiteHome". now i found 2 ways to give SQL command ( there may be many more ). one is SQLPLUS another is SQL CLI. but whenever i give command "create database uncle" it shows folloing errors

create database uncle
    ERROR at line 1:
    ORA-01501: CREATE DATABASE failed
    ORA-01100: database already mounted

how can i create a separate database and mount it on oracle DBMS?

Obviously, you didn't take time to read the documentation, did you?

As a newbie, I'm quite sure you do NOT want to create a database. What you might want to create is user (search for CREATE USER statement). Once you do that, log on using this username and its password. Then you'll be able to create objects like tables, indexes etc., which will alltogether make a schema.

Question not able to create database

Quote Originally Posted by Littlefoot
    Obviously, you didn't take time to read the documentation, did you?

As a newbie, I'm quite sure you do NOT want to create a database. What you might want to create is user (search for CREATE USER statement). Once you do that, log on using this username and its password. Then you'll be able to create objects like tables, indexes etc., which will alltogether make a schema.
    thanks Littlefoot for your reply. yes i didnt get enough time to read the documentation. so i have downloaded the pdf version [ my net connection is slow ]. i want to create a separate database. for example in mysql there a command to create a new database. and thanks again for your suggestion. i will see the documentation regarding creating a new user.

Just type "creating an oracle database" in good old google, & there will be tons of articles for you to explore there. There are no short cuts, try to be patient & all will be fine...

Have fun...
    Regards,

divroro12

In my opinion, it is still useless. I've never seen an Oracle newbie (who knows absolutely nothing about it) creating databases all around.