Unanswered: document SQL Server Agent Jobs

Hello,
    I need to document all SQL Server Agent Jobs with full description of dependencies - database, table, stored procedure, etc.
    Is there are a tool that I can download for that particular use???

Thank you so much

Nope - You have to do this one by hand Sparky!

-- This is all just a Figment of my Imagination --

Provided Answers: 54
    Great zot Tom, you forgot SQL Spec?

This package is written and supported by our own Jezzemine. I would very strongly suggest that ypal (and Tom too) give it a try.

-PatP

Thank you for the Tool, I got all my Database info including Jobs info.

the current beta will also get the DDL for all jobs too, as well as some other stuff you may or may not care about.

http://www.elsasoft.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=164

oh, and thanks for the plug Pat

No problem. I calls 'em likes I sees 'em, and I like SQL Spec.

I've got some ideas for easy to add and useful (at least to me anyway) functions. One of these days I need to remember to post them for you when I'm somewhere that I can do that (I can't log onto the SQL Spec forums from this client's site).

-PatP

Appreciate all the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Phelan
    Great zot Tom, you forgot SQL Spec?

This package is written and supported by our own Jezzemine. I would very strongly suggest that ypal (and Tom too) give it a try.

-PatP
    Unfortunately, at this company, I do not even get to be the local admin on my company owned laptop. I could download it, but I could not install it anywhere to try without going thru about 5 layers of administrative and security oversite, and three rolls of red tape.

I will just have to stand corrected on this one!

-- This is all just a Figment of my Imagination --

I'd be shocked if you could not use it. All you need to do is open a zip file and lauch the executable inside... There is no "install" process.

-PatP

Provided Answers: 6
    Quote Originally Posted by tomh53
    Unfortunately, at this company, I do not even get to be the local admin on my company owned laptop. I could download it, but I could not install it anywhere to try without going thru about 5 layers of administrative and security oversite, and three rolls of red tape.

I will just have to stand corrected on this one!
    Do you work in my building? I got a local admin exemption but it took some talking and some promising not download and install stuff. Our Big Brother department actually has software that scans our computers looking for un authorized stuff.

My team gets around some of this by maintaining a seperate network with different machines.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Phelan
    No problem. I calls 'em likes I sees 'em, and I like SQL Spec.

I've got some ideas for easy to add and useful (at least to me anyway) functions. One of these days I need to remember to post them for you when I'm somewhere that I can do that (I can't log onto the SQL Spec forums from this client's site).

-PatP
    feel free to mail me your ideas for new features you want.

I am very open to suggestions

Document SQL Agent Job

Have you tried BIDocumenter from Pragmaticworks... it can document sql server database and jobs