Unanswered: WinXP SQL30082N Attempt to establish connection failed with security reason "24"

Hi, I have searched through the forums and don't feel I have found someone with the same issue. I apologize in advanced if this is otherwise.

I am unable to connect to a newly created database from the same user that created the Database. The user is part of DB2ADMINS and an Administrator.

If I issue this command :

db2 "connect to MYDB" I am able to connect

If I issue this command :

db2 "connect to MYDB using USER"
    Enter current password for USER : (entered password)

I get :
    SQL30082N Attempt to establish connection failed with security reason "24"
    ("USERNAME AND/OR PASSWORD INVALID"). SQLSTATE=08001

I have double checked the user ids on Winxp and the DB2 database and USER has access to everything. My skill with DB2 is very limited and I only need to connect to the database for my application. However, when I try to connect via my application I get the same error. I have also done it enough times where I am positive I am not mis-typing the password.

I also have this in my db2diag.log :
    2008-02-27-10.57.44.675000-300 I59311H257 LEVEL: Severe
    PID : 2172 TID : 6056
    FUNCTION: DB2 Common, Security, Users and Groups, secLogMessage, probe:20
    DATA #1 : String, 44 bytes
    check password failed with rc = -2146500507

The USER account is a local account trying to connect to a local database. I have been able to do this with previous databases. This is the first time with the same USER account that I am having this issue.

DB2 version is v8.1.9.700.

For some more advanced users this may be an obvious error, for a newbie like myself I have been stumped for several weeks on it. Great learning experience, but I don't know where else to go. I would appreciate any help, even links to documentation or other forums.

Thank you for your time and help.

Provided Answers: 1
    Is there also a domain user with the same name?
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

Domain User

Yes, there is a Domain user with the same name.

Provided Answers: 1
    From the manual:
    DB2 UDB supports a single namespace. That is, when running in a trusted domains environment, you should not have a user account of the same name that exists in multiple domains, or that exists in the local SAM of the server machine and in another domain.
    Try deleting the local user and adding the domain user to DB2ADMNS
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

Fixed

Wow, thank you so much for your help!! Talk about being in the wrong forest. I have been hammering away at making sure I granted the user to have db2 access, didn't even consider the user shouldn't even exist. Had this problem for over a month.....

Thank you for your help!!

I deleted the local user with the same name as the domain user and voilà, it works beautifully, I can now go back to my WBI development.