Lightbulb New to databases - is this a bad way to do this?

Please excuse my lack of knowledge on database deisgn, programming etc is just a hobby of mine.

Concept: A large number (hopefully lol i dream of oneday like 10000) of users register to use this application im creating. Im fine with storing their details etc in a table. Its all good.

The only other thing i need to store in the database is what questions (represented by a number, i.e question 1003) the user has attempted and what mark they got. Im just wondering if the following Table would be an acceptable solution for this.

Table name: UserProgress

Fields: UserID Q# Mark

Now everytime the user completes a question a new entry will be entered into this table, the userID the question number and the mark they achieved.

I.e

UserID Q# Mark
    Jack 20 5
    Jack 1001 9

Now i was doing some numbers, and i figured id prob have around 2000 questions, and possibily 10000 users haha i was thinking wow if each user does most of the questions i could be looking at 20'000'000 entries into that table...

My Question is: Is this design acceptable??
    Is 20 million too many entries for a MySQL Table???
    And how much space will be used up by the db assumming the numbers i stated. Im going to start by running the app on a cheap webserver - with 500mb storage space.

Thanks for any advice, Nick

Quote Originally Posted by NickPaul
    My Question is: Is this design acceptable??
    yes
    Is 20 million too many entries for a MySQL Table???
    no
    And how much space will be used up by the db assumming the numbers i stated. Im going to start by running the app on a cheap webserver - with 500mb storage space.
    that should be plenty
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

Haha thanks heaps :)

Thanks for writting back, i really didnt want to get started without checking on that. Have a good one, Nick