Unanswered: Database Mail Timeouts

I'm having a problem with SQL Server 2005 not being able to send all of my messages. Occasionally when we batch a large number of messages together, we run into problems because the SMTP server can't process them fast enough, and the message doesn't send due to a timeout. I know I have increase the number of retries, but I'd rather just increase the timeout setting. Does anyone know where I might be able to do this at?

The mail admins are also looking at modifying the rules in SMTP so that messages from these servers don't go through the vigor of SPAM and phishing detection. Hopefully that will speed it up, but I'd like to give it a little extra leniency on the SQL side as well.

Any suggestions?
    --wayne
    SELECT * FROM Users WHERE Clue>0
    0 rows returned

Yup

Stop spamming people

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein
    "Everything should be made as complex as possible, so I look Cleverer." - Application Developer

Provided Answers: 54
    Just curious, but how many email messages are you sending? I know that batches of 25,000 won't balk, and that's a lot more than I ever dreamed would be sent (that's a broadcast to a whole company).

-PatP

I was talking about 100 messages and it was having problems

Once they set up some new rules on the SMTP Servers for the SQL Boxes, all of the mail started flowing a whole lot faster. I don't think I'm going to have to make any changes after all.
    --wayne
    SELECT * FROM Users WHERE Clue>0
    0 rows returned