Unanswered: Network Error IOException: Connection Timed Out: connect

Hi,

We are running a software which has a sql database and it runs a data cycle everyday in which it gets data from several other sql servers on our network.

Recently we have starting receiving the following errors during this run;

Network Error IOException: Connection Timed Out: Connect

It finishes most of the queries in the script, but on some (and not always the same tables) it gives the time out error. I am not quit sure where or how to research this problem.

Any ideas are welcome!
    Thanks,
    Michiel

Provided Answers: 54
    About 90 percent of the time, this problem has to do with some element of TCP/IP connectivity. It can be server hardware, infrastructure hardware, DNS, and a host of other problems, but it is rarely a problem with SQL Server even though that is where the symptom appears.

-PatP

Quote Originally Posted by mvanmeurs
    Hi,

We are running a software which has a sql database and it runs a data cycle everyday in which it gets data from several other sql servers on our network.

Recently we have starting receiving the following errors during this run;

Network Error IOException: Connection Timed Out: Connect

It finishes most of the queries in the script, but on some (and not always the same tables) it gives the time out error. I am not quit sure where or how to research this problem.

Any ideas are welcome!
    Thanks,
    Michiel
    Is it the same server(s) every time ? If not, I think the source may be as Pat said, the network, etc. or the source script itself. Were there any changes/updates ? Security changes, patches applied , etc.