Unanswered: Renamed Sql 2005 Server

Had to migrate to new hardware running Server 2003, sql 2005. Databases, logins, two SSIS(DTS) packages working great. But, System and User maintenance plans failing since name change.

So, recreated them, and (with minor problem to be addressed at another time) the recreations are working fine. But, I can't delete (or modify) the old plans or jobs. Get the following error when physically sitting in front of the server logging in "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation(mscorlib). An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to sql server 2005, this failure may be cause by the fact that under the default settings, sql server does not allow remote connecitons. (provider: tcp provider, error: 0 no such host is know) error 11001

As I said, I've disabled both jobs, but would prefer to delete the plan/jobs. But, it won't let me. Any ideas?

In front of the computer
    Provided Answers: 54
    The problem is that the plans and jobs were created using one server name, then restored onto a server with a different server name.

I'm pretty sure that you could kludge a fix using:
    EXEC sp_addlinkedserver   
    This establishes an "alias" that makes the old name refer to the current SQL Server. Once this is in place, I would THINK that you could delete the plans and associated jobs. After you are done, I would delete this alias as quickly as possible.

Found this and it worked like a charm - hope it helps someone else.

1. Select the ID with the select statement
    select * from sysmaintplan_plans

2. Replace with the selected ID and run the delete statements
    delete from sysmaintplan_log where plan_id = ''

delete from sysmaintplan_subplans where plan_id = ''

delete from sysmaintplan_plans where id = ''

3. Delete the SQL Server Jobs with the Management Studio