Thread: updating

Unhappy Unanswered: updating

I am new to Access I am trying to update the prices on some of my items how do I go about doing it. I need to update them by 15 percent, and I am sure its simple but I just can't seem to figure out how to do it.

Provided Answers: 6
    An update query:

UPDATE TableName
    SET FieldName = FieldName * 1.15

perhaps adding a WHERE clause to restrict the records updated.
    Paul

Provided Answers: 59
    you may want to refine Pals suggestion so that you only get new prices which are absolute multiples of your currency

ie 1.23, rather than 1.234456609078

the reason.. it could well cause havoc if you sell multiple products, or multiples of a product or both. the customer may see 10 items ordered as 12.34, rather than 12.30.

You can use an update query. Go to design view and on the update under YOURPRICEFIELDNAME put [YOURPRICEFIELDNAME]*1.15, and on the criteria line under one of the fields say which ones you want to update, like under DATEPURCHASED put BETWEEN 1/1/07 AND 2/3/08.

Provided Answers: 10
    Here's a link wher you can learn a bit more about the answers recieved here.

An UPDATE query is definately the way to go, but remember; BACKUP your data before running this; everyone makes mistrakes!

http://w3schools.com/sql/sql_update.asp

To write your own SQL, open a new query and change it from design view to SQL view; then type away!
    George
    Home | Blog