interFUEL is currently hiring for a lead DBA position.
This position is considered a key position within our company and requires a strong sense of leadership, good communication skills and a true passion for MySQL with an interest in exploring similar technologies. Compensation is commensurate with experience and adjusted according to performance.
interFUEL was established in 1995 to provide high-value web development and consulting services. Through fanatical attention to detail, true customer service and the devotion to lead the market in technology solutions & techniques we have enjoyed consistent growth and a built a portfolio of highly recognizable clients and work.
Lead DBA duties
- Review and approve schema offered by programming staff.
- Advise on performance of solutions in development
- Writing Stored Procedures / Triggers / Queries as needed
- Implementing Schema and Data changes to Stage and Production environments
- Taking backups on demand
- Train Staff of database related issues
- Review performance of applications being performance monitored
- Check backups
- Research upcoming versions and trends as it relates to MySQL
- Working on proprietary efficiency tools
- Planning backup / disaster recovery plans for each customer
- Planning performance and version reviews for existing customers
- Maintaining and enhancing documentation
- Installing replications tests for future high performance websites
- Creating and communicating long term vision and goals for the DBA group
To be considered as a candidate you should have at least 1 year of experience developing with php and 5 years of experience developing with MySQL.
This position works out of our Ventura, California office. Telecommuting candidates will be considered.