Unanswered: ListBox and table

Hi,

I should know this but I am stumped.

I have a table (tblMachineHardware) with fields MachineId and PeripheralID. It is a table of what peripheral a particular machine has.

I have a listbox that shows all the various machine peripheral (peripheralID) available AND the peripheral that a particular machine (machineID) currently has is highlighted.

The user can change the particular peripheral a machine has. They can add or remove a peripheral. Here's where I am stump

I can't seem to figure out how to determine if a record in tbleMachineHardware needs to be left in the table or removed. I think I need to loop through the table and compare to items selected in the listbox. But how do I do this without a infinite loop?

On the flipside, I also need to check if new peripheral has been selected to add to this machine. How do I do that without an infinite loop?

Thanks for your help.

Tina

This is the sort of thing I would usually write a stored procedure for. If that's not an option, I would create two array list and use the "contains" property to loop through each item.
    DigiOz Multimedia
    http://www.digioz.com