Question Unanswered: Link Sever is not working

I have a SQL Server 2000 running on win 2003 where there is Linked Sever.
    Recently we have upgrade the SQL server 2000 to SQL 2005 and things were fine but suddenly one day things stopped working when I have tested the connection for link server. It failed and gave me this error. What could be the possible error .

The source it is linked is a System DSN which is linking is a remote server running Informix Database. The driver is Informix CLI-2.5 (32 bit). Is it the driver that is the cause of error or what ???

"The test connection to the linked server failed."
    ===================================
    An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch. (Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo)
    ------------------------------
    Program Location:
    at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Common.ServerConnec tion.ExecuteNonQuery(String sqlCommand, ExecutionTypes executionType)
    at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.ExecutionManage r.ExecuteNonQuery(String cmd)
    at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.LinkedServer.Te stConnection()
    at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.VSIntegration.Ob jectExplorer.LinkedServerConnectionTest.Invoke()
    ===================================
    Cannot initialize the data source object of OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "INFORMIX_LIBRARY".
    OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "INFORMIX_LIBRARY" returned message "[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed".
    OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "INFORMIX_LIBRARY" returned message "[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed".
    OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "INFORMIX_LIBRARY" returned message "[INTERSOLV][ODBC Informix driver][Informix]Unable to load locale categories.". (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)
    Last edited by kirun; 03-10-08 at 04:16.

Provided Answers: 6
    have you confirmed that both the informix server and the sql server are running?
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

yup both are running .. i have cheked that .