Red face Unanswered: SQL V7 Subsription

I have an application still running in SQL V7.I have a new subsciber to the merge Replication.

The initial Subscription takes a very long time to complete.And when it does it is missing records from the data tables.

The subsriber is running under Win XP 5.1.2600

Has any one ever come across this before

I've never run into that situation, but with the snapshot taking so very long, you might want to consider placing the schema and data on the subscriber, and start you rmerge that way.

The brief description is that you build the publisher and fire off the snapshot. Then you take a backup of the database, restore the database to the subscriber, and then build the subscription using the option that the subscriber already has the schema & data. then once you complete creating the subscriptin, the distribution agent only has to apply the deltas since the subscription was created and the last snapshot was taken.

here is the link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320499

-- This is all just a Figment of my Imagination --

Question

Thanks for the reply.

If I restore the database, can I just start a new Subsciption.

If not how do I

and then build the subscription using the option that the subscriber already has the schema & data

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJ
    Thanks for the reply.

If I restore the database, can I just start a new Subsciption.

If not how do I

and then build the subscription using the option that the subscriber already has the schema & data
    Read the article in the link. It will answer these questions, and even more that you haven't thought of yet!

-- This is all just a Figment of my Imagination --