Unanswered: Activate not logged initially issue

Hi friends,

I have a table which is undergoing mass deletes,inserts,updates.How can we turn the logging off with out changing the application code.The application people does not want to change their code as it is too late before the deployment

I can try alter table activate not logged initially ..But that should come from application side i think.What about autocommit and its impact on the alter table activate not logged initially .

Thanks a lot

NOT LOGGED INITIALLY must be used in the same transaction as the operations that should not be logged. NLI is deactivated on the first COMMIT/ROLLBACK operation for the transaction that set NLI. Because your application initiates the transaction, it is the application that MUST use the ALTER TABLE statement to turn logging temporarily off.

If you think about it, there is no other sensible way. For example, if you have an application that relies on its data being safe and recoverable, it would go directly against this application if you could turn logging of for the application's data.
    Knut Stolze
    IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator
    IBM Germany Research & Development