Unanswered: ISP issues with INNODB

Hi,

Am sort of in a fix at the moment. Am at the stage of creating my database from my ER diagram of which certain tables rely on the InnoDB storage engine for referential integrity, transactions etc. But shockingly enough my ISP doesnt offer InnoDB table types due to the overhead caused from transaction tables.

What can i do? Change hosts? Revisit my ER diagram and make them all MyISAM? - this means i have to manually maintain integrity across related tables - seems more of a nightmare to me.

I need comments on what to do. Thanks and looking forward to feedbacks.
    Last edited by dele454; 03-21-08 at 05:21.

no innodb? that's scandalous

find a new host
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

I like your take on the issue!

What if i change my database to POSTGRESQL as a last resort. I reckon this database server supports referential integrity and transactions unlike MYSQL which has numerous database engines to choose from with only InnoDB supporting transactions and referential integrity.

The inevitable has to happen my host also doesnt offer transactional tables on POSTGRESQL. I have to change host. They dont offer it at all for all the database offerings. I find that very strange. I have asked for my money back.

Provided Answers: 12
    Quote Originally Posted by dele454
    The inevitable has to happen my host also doesnt offer transactional tables on POSTGRESQL.
    Not possible. If the< offer Postgres hosting there is no way they can turn off the transaction handling in PG

I asked them that is what they told me they dont offer it for any of their databases. They look very dodgy. Can you recommend on any reputable hosting companies out there in the US besides Lunarpages and Aplus?

Even their version of Postgre installed on their server is 7.4 when the current relesase is 8.3 Creepy stuff!

I use INNODB on HostDepot.

Thanks will have a look at them shortly