Unanswered: problem in open mdf

I have sql server 2000
    and itry to open mdf files with xBaseViewPro
    and it give me error message ([DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]Specified SQL server not found)
    how can i open or convert the files to mdb
    in the attachment there is a picture for the problem but there is some word in arabic(i'm sorry for that)
    and ther is one of files (mdf)
    pleas help me
    thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails بدون عنوان.JPG  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Provided Answers: 6
    oh my, just what are you trying to do and why? I do not know what this tool "xBaseViewPro" is, but is your mdf file part of a sql server installation or is this just a file that you have that you are trying to covert?
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

it's part from server
    but i put one of files as an example
    and ther's many files but with large size
    i prefer to find way to convert all these sql mdf to mdb database

xBaseViewPro is a program can open many databases but i have problen with sql server

as i told before

Provided Answers: 6
    most people do not really do this. usually people go from Access (.mdb) to to SQL Server (.mdf).

If you just want the tables out of the database you can always connect to your SQL Server (not just the mdf) directly from access through a linked table and copy \those linked tables into local access tables. This is a little bit like taking apart your XBOX until it becomes an Atari 2600.

If you want to get other sql server objects like stored procedures and such out of the mdf file, that is a much bigger task. But what exactly are you trying to accomplish? There may be an easy solution but you have to state the business problem and not the technical problem.
    Last edited by Thrasymachus; 03-21-08 at 08:55.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Provided Answers: 11
    SQL Server is not like Access, in that the files are used solely to store data. When you open an .MDB file, you are actually invoking MS Access to interpret that file. xBaseViewPro is doing something similar for Access, in that it is invoking the JET provider to open the MDB file on its behalf.

With SQL Server, the provider does not open the file directly, but connects to the Database Engine, which handles the files for many users. Is there a way in xBaseViewPro to connect to this server process? It may be just changing the provider, or the connection type to SQL Server.

i'll tell you my problem from the begining
    i download program contain sql database
    but it didn't work on winxp(pic in the attachment)
    but when i install it in win98 it work well
    so i try to convert the sql database to mdb because i want to use this information which i can't get it even when i try to connect to sql server by myself
    and I want to build aprogrm for mobile phone (jar) contain some of this information
    i think you know what's the problem

MCrowley : i know what you have said and I try that but it didn't work
    always there is an error message even with application which contain this database

i'm waiting and trying..
    thanks

If you are administrator on your machine, connect with Windows authentication. SQL Server installs by default with only Windows authentication.

i try that but it didn't work
    but i want to now if there is any responsibilty from winxp for this problem

There was a KB article published about the firewall in XP SP2 interfering with SQL Server, but I doubt that is the case, since in order to get the last error message you put up, you would need to be able to access SQL Server. What happens when you try to connect with OSQL, or SQLCMD?

i can't connect with sql server
    even when i use xBaseViewPro to creat new mdf file the same error message apper

RE: MDF Repair

Sometimes when we try to get access to the data present in the MDF Files, it does not happen. The computer gives all sorts of errors like database cannot be found or file not found. It happens so because the MDF File has gone corrupt.
    Getting or extracting the data from the corrupt database is a very Herculean task. It is a very challenging task for the data administrators also. You can get rid of this problem by using MDF Repair Software. This software is equipped with extremely powerful scanning algorithms. The software repairs the damaged MDF Files and you can once again access to the files like the way you did earlier.